Plants similar to vallisneria care-wise?

I enjoy vallisneria a lot. Its self propagation, low-medium light requirements, reasonably fast growth rate, and general durability against damage from fish makes it very convenient for more fish focused hobbyist like myself. That said, i don't want all my tanks to look identical, so what are some plants with similar care requirements as vallisneria but with a somewhat different aesthetic?

Brazilian pennywort.  Mine is low maintenance.  Even the bottom leaves that don’t get as much light in my 29g with my cheapo amazon hygger light do well. I do not use fertilizer or root tabs.  It grows fast in any/no substrate. I have 5 bare bottom tanks and 2 with less than an inch of inert gravel. I just put plant weights on them and drop them where I want them. Can be trimmed from the top and the trimmings can be planted as new plants. Thatis the main difference  from Val sending out runners and self planting but then you get to choose where it is at. 
All of the above mentioned also goes for my anacharis elodea densa. These are my two favorite plants 😁2A3A7B12-F818-4D23-8D9D-CD344299DC67.jpeg.22b412c5cbd0d45fa25b868ab689d16f.jpeg68C7F7E8-1E89-43AF-B54B-878A02BDDA50.jpeg.c19b73662984af7b818288a4ea13c85a.jpegD2390199-BDCE-4D5F-B96A-5FA93DA10FE8.jpeg.d2bde43aa078044952538a37eac7198d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2021 at 7:18 AM, Flumpweesel said:

I do like your method of planting here @Guppysnail I've done something similar with some amazon sword  although it does make giving them root tabs tricky. Thinking of swapping them out for a java fern.

image.png

I don’t use fertz or root tabs. Normally the do wonderful glued to something. They look a touch hungry right now my water company was revamping structurally last couple of months so my water has been all over the place. 

On 10/31/2021 at 7:11 AM, Flumpweesel said:

I do enjoy stem plants for everything @Guppysnail said just trim, weight, plonk 

I unfortunately never bother getting their names I have a great one at the moment that has coppery tones in it, although not as tidy as Val.

IMG20211031110752.jpg

This looks like broadleaf ludwigai think. 

• Thanks 2

On 10/31/2021 at 6:29 AM, Scapexghost said:

i don't want all my tanks to look identical,

This is a “problem” I have while it’s great val grows and propagates so well for me it is in a lot of my tanks making them look very similar. But I do love vallisneria for all the same reasons that you mentioned. I am slowly diversifying my tanks.

• Thanks 1