Help! My fish got trapped in or behind pre filter sponge

LCRYAN

First off, I am really sorry this happened. The salt and erythromycin definitely seems warranted. I am not sure about Ick-x, but I am assuming you are trying to cover the fungal bases with it. I have used API Fungus Cure successfully, and really like it. I don't know how it would react to the other meds, though. Don't underestimate the power of clean water in addition.

Most importantly, I hope for a successful recovery.

• Love 1

Thank you!!!! Omg you guys, she started eating about an hour after doing the water change and adding the new meds 🙌 I’m hopeful !! 

& yes, the ick x for fungal because that’s all I have on hand. Should I use fungus cure tomorrow? I can pick some up. Just needed something to start the process of removing fungus.

• Love 1

E.m erythromycin in combination with salt and ick x should cover all bases if she started to eat she has a good chance at recovering after you have done a course of E.m erythromycin I would keep using aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 1 gallon it will help with Gill function and add essential electrolytes to help reduce stress if you still seeing some fungus keep treating with ick x in combination with salt it could take a couple of weeks for her  to fully recover

Edited by Colu
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

On 10/19/2021 at 7:55 PM, LCRYAN said:

Info in photos !!! Please let me know if I’m doing the right thing. Anyone else ever gone through this ??

DE96774A-7A1E-4028-B2CA-C7DE01E7DC58.jpeg

DD123F00-5B8D-4C86-927B-5689ACBA02DF.jpeg

23756A2C-C9ED-4549-BC3B-6AA429D203E4.jpeg

Day 2 was meant to say October 19 (that’s a typo) she’s still alive today on day 4. Will give you guys an update after water change, medicine change and feeding

Edited by LCRYAN
  • Like 2

She’s getting better and better !! I’m truly amazed watching her heal. I am inspired! I was so scared when I first found her so beaten up, I didn’t think she’d make it …….but WOW am I over joyed at her recovery!! She’s doing great and I look forward to her full come back 🙂  Thank you guys so much for your support !221CB23C-63C3-48E8-8AEA-3BE011288FB6.jpeg.1bf4d10303e99edcc667eb3eb1380769.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• 1 month later...