Cycling after the med trio

BF McUmber

I am on my second round of quarantining fish. My rough idea that I am trying to do is 1 week of the med trio. Then letting them sit for a total of 4 weeks to get the second treatment of Paracleanse in at week 3. 

After the Med Trio and 3 daily 40% water changes, I start adding filter floss from my established tank and putting it into the quarantine tank box filter every 5 days or so. I have also put one serving of the Fritz bacteria in as well only to see nothing developing. I am assuming that Maracyn is the main issue that hurts that bacteria, but I don't comprehend for how long. Tank parameter are 70 degrees temp, 14 degrees GH, 7 degrees KH, 8.2 PH, 10 Nitrate, 0.25 ammonia, 0 nitrite, tap water does not read chlorine on the test strip but I treat with Prime. 

I am mainly having issues with getting a cycle started so I do not have to water change while the second round of Paraclense is in. How long after a Med trio treatment is it reasonable to expect a cycle to develop? 

On 10/2/2021 at 9:32 PM, Guppysnail said:

Did you use carbon or another type of chemical media to remove the meds?

No I did not, I only have a sponge filter and the box filter with sponge and filter floss in it. I was only doing water changes to remove the meds. 

Are you suggesting adding carbon  to the box filter to pull it out as opposed to just doing water changes?