Does a Quick disconnect exist for airline tubing?

Stephan Jones

I haven't really look into it but I've had an idea for one. I thought of using a threaded airline connection threaded into a magnet. Two magnets together may be airtight. I couldn't find a suitable magnet with 1/4NPT threads and a through hole. Its possible it could be done by drilling and tapping a suitable magnet found at a store. 

PHB0532X014N-500p-wm.jpg

image.png.bb455f12c6ecc94af40eff2246e60eb1.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MickS77 said:

I haven't really look into it but I've had an idea for one. I thought of using a threaded airline connection threaded into a magnet. Two magnets together may be airtight. I couldn't find a suitable magnet with 1/4NPT threads and a through hole. Its possible it could be done by drilling and tapping a suitable magnet found at a store. 

PHB0532X014N-500p-wm.jpg

image.png.bb455f12c6ecc94af40eff2246e60eb1.png

I like this idea, I wonder if you could just glue or epoxy the magnets?

• Administrators

These cheap green ones are quick disconnect. I used to use them way back in the day cause there weren't many options. It was expensive lees connectors or stainless steel ones when setting up a fish room. These were cheap on ebay and still are. Not my favorite for a fish room loop, because sometimes they can fall off, or easy to knock one off when working on a tank and it's hanging from the ceiling. 

Essentially one of the ends, pulls out. It doesn't show it in the picture well but if you look you can see that one one of the 2 ends is meant to pull out from the main valve. Disregard the screw in valve, that can come out of all of them, specifically one end detaches.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114402735945