Shrimp tank size

DragonTemple6

I have a 75 litre tall hexagonal tank that I would love to put shrimp in. Would this be possible?

Planning on building a sloping wall from floor to roof against the back and planting it out, but am unsure if shrimp will like a tank that deep.

If shrimp are no good, any suggestions for the tank? Someone was tossing it at a job I was at, so I got it for free. It’s not a tank I would ever pick for myself, as most of my tanks are goldfish.

Thanks!

Surface area is more ideal for shrimp than horizontal swimming space as the shrimp will take advantage of every surface they can crawl on. If anything, a hex tank is ideal for them, where as other fish species this wouldn't be ideal. 

Setting the tank up with a flat substrate layer (no slope needed and might take away from the dimensions of the tank otherwise) and some centralized wood or rock pile with various plants would be a great setup and yield a ton of success.

If you have not kept shrimp before I'd highly recommend starting out with Neocaridina as they are very forgiving and require a lot less than Caridina or Sulawesi. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As alway,  have a plan for success.  I have a 11 Liter heavily planted tank which I *thought* had just the original 6 shrimp that initially were homed in it...A family member decided to pull up a chair, drop in some food, and count...they got bored of counting at 47.