Bolivian rams and german blue rams

J_Harris90

The Bolivians are not easy to sex. Have you noticed any pairing of any sort. How old are these fish?

The Germans are a bit easier after they are grown.

Both the Bolivians and the Germans are easy to sex after they start to breed. Their male/female parts change a bit when they are breeding and the difference is fairly obvious.

Ok thanks alot. Ive had my rams maybe 2 months tops. I can tell a big diffrence in their color getting brighter in the 2. I think these will be the first 2 types i try to breed because their my favorite so far along with the scarlet badis in my wifes nano tank

On 8/26/2021 at 6:56 PM, J_Harris90 said:

Ok thanks alot. Ive had my rams maybe 2 months tops. I can tell a big diffrence in their color getting brighter in the 2. I think these will be the first 2 types i try to breed because their my favorite so far along with the scarlet badis in my wifes nano tank

They are two of my favorite fish. Good Luck with them.

@J_Harris90

It can be a little difficult to sex the Bolivian rams they are very similar but I did include a photo showing the clearest difference I can see which is the breeding tube. The male has a "tube" that is pointy and facing more to the anal fin while the female has a squared off tube. The link below includes that photo I added an arrow to point out the tube on the conditioned female.