Any red flags?

Tamitha

I'm setting up a 75. The only fish I've settled on so far is electric blue acaras. On todays Co-op video, Robert mentioned the Dwarf Petricola Synodontis catfish and since I'm still looking for a non-corydoras bottom dweller, they caught my eye. Several sites have mentioned catfish as a good tankmate for EBAs but haven't given specific catfish names or ideas. Has anyone tried this combo? 

Dwarf Petricola/Synodontis Lucipinnis are tank-bred, smaller relatives to the full size Synodontis Petricola. They tend to be more flexible with ph levels. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work if you'd like to try them. I'm considering them for my own tank, or the synodontis nigriventris.

• Like 3

As a general rule many (not all) soft water fishes can adapt to hard water within limits; but hard water fishes are unable to adapt to soft water. electric blue acara is one of those fishes that is fairly robust. Btw wild caught fishes have a harder time adapting since they grew up in soft water; it can be done but it is a more difficult process. Also wild caught fishes can be more difficult to feed. Of course wild caught fishes have the advantages of less inbreeding and chemical treatment used by some of the larger breeders and therefore with proper treatment and environment tend to be more robust.

• Like 1