Pekitivey

Don't panic, I had a 12 day power outage last month... went a couple days with nothing and then ran everything off and on the rest of the time, disabled all heaters and lights the entire time didnt lose anything or really even see much stress. Just didn't feed much. Maybe 2 or 3 small feedings the entire time. 

• Like 2

Do you have any way to heat water?

I've kept fish alive during power outages by putting hot water (that I heated on a kerosene heater) into plastic 2 liter soft drink bottles and putting them into the tank. (Cap the bottles, of course.) I'd replace the hot water periodically (after several hours). The fish would hover by those warm bottles, and I didn't lose a single fish, even for several days during an ice storm. You could use smaller bottles, of course, for small tanks.

Edited by Carolina Guy
  • Like 1

Hi Daniel, thankful it only lasted an hour! It was completely unexpected as no storms or rough weather. Our national electrical company were on the case pretty fast and had it sorted. I live in a small town in Waterford, Ireland. Maybe only a few hundred people. Nearest city is an hour. So I was surprised it was fixed as quick. 

We plan to build a house in the near future and I will 100% be building in redundant power for when this happens. 

• Like 2