Please Help With Identifying Eggs??

Angel_fish

A0888F62-B664-48E4-A679-E1DD27AE2BB8.jpeg.be8e56c45aff1489b0c2d3bb89e2c07a.jpegHello. I’m new here and was hoping someone could help me with these eggs. I’ve had my tank and the fish in the tank (except the snails) for almost a year, but this is the first time this has happened. I woke up this morning to find these eggs attached to a leaf in my tank. I have a couple of snails, two pairs of different cories, and one angel. This is probably a dumb question, but could someone tell me which fish had these eggs, the cories or my angel fish? Also, the eggs are white in color, so does that mean they’re unfertilized? 
I know that they would be if the angel had the eggs, since I only have one and it was not mature when I got it almost a year ago.

If the eggs are the cories’, does that mean they could hatch? I moved them to a large cup because my angel was adamant about eating them. 
Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by Angel_fish
  • Like 1

Those are angelfish eggs. Your angelfish is a female and sometimes when there is no male, the female will lay unfertilized eggs.

You can tell the eggs in your photograph were unfertilized as they have turned white and are in the process of fungusing over.

On 8/9/2021 at 9:25 AM, Angel_fish said:

Thank you! Does this mean she will do this often now, or is it just a “once in a while” thing?

Probably a once in a while thing like you said, but you never know for sure until you see what happens.