Can I help her??

Phillip

Edit: pic in comment below
Does anybody know what this is? Can I help her? She was quarantined for a month. I added her to my community tank about a week ago.  Everyone else in the community seems fine so far. 

ph 7.2

ammonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrate 20

Edited by Phillip

On 7/31/2021 at 7:34 PM, Phillip said:

Does anybody know what this is? Can I help her? She was quarantined for a month. I added her to my community tank about a week ago.  Everyone else in the community seems fine so far. 

ph 7.2

ammonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrate 20

B0D20F8E-C749-42AF-842C-5493F09C954D.jpeg.043e83e2faf0970444489b6a97f7eb31.jpeg

On 7/31/2021 at 8:34 PM, Taco Playz said:

That looks like a prolapse. I would ask @Coluon how to treat it because I’ve never seen a prolapse in one of my aquariums but I’ve seen it happen in others aquariums. I hope your fish gets better!

Thanks! I hope we can get her taken care of 

• Like 1

Salt is good like what @Colu said but I am curious on the white line sticking out from the prolapse. I am concerned that you may have callamanus worms. Does the line retract into the body when the fish moves actively? Is it just a piece of fecal matter? Are you able to send more photos? In sever cases of prolapses, I have been unsuccessful with treatment as I did not address the issue causing prolapse. 

On 8/1/2021 at 4:05 AM, Colu said:

What I would do is epsom salt bath 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for no more than 15 minutes 2-3 times a day epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxants help to reabsorb the prolapse

Thanks. I’ll start the baths today. 

@Keeg I’ll try to get some better pics. I moved her in to a tub so it’s a lot harder to get pics now. God I hope it’s not callamanus. I’ve been hearing horror stories ever since I got in to the hobby!

Edited by Phillip
  • Like 1