Gourami help

RyanU

Unfortunately, it might be dwarf gourami iridovirus, which is extremely common with this species. It is currently incurable. You can try to treat the fish with antibiotics and aquarium salt, but if it is DGIV, it is fatal. 😞 I'm so sorry for you and your fish.

• Like 1

It could be dwarf gourami Iridovirus they get similar marks on there body or a bacterial infection I would Qarantine and treat with epsom  salt bath 1 table spoon for 2 gallons  for no more than 15 minutes that will help reduce fluid buildup and kanaplex in food you will need seachems focus to act as a binding agent to cover against bacterial infection  a wouldn't feed for a couple of days while treating to provent ammonia spikes during treatment keep a close eye on your water parameters during treatment

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 7:29 PM, Colu said:

It could be dwarf gourami Iridovirus they get similar marks on there body or a bacterial infection I would Qarantine and treat with epsom  salt bath 1 table spoon for 2 gallons  for no more than 15 minutes that will help reduce fluid buildup and kanaplex in food you will need seachems focus to act as a binding agent to cover against bacterial infection  a wouldn't feed for a couple of days while treating to provent ammonia spikes during treatment keep a close eye on your water parameters during treatment

I would follow Colu's advice here, @RyanU. I hope the treatment helps!

Dwarf gourami Iridovirus mostly effects dwarf gourami and honey gourami's in rare cases Betta and some Cichlid species if it is Iridovirus he will go down hill pretty quickly there's still a possibility it's a bacterial infection so I would still treat with kanaplex and epsom salt and see how he responds to treatment

Then you. No he was my only one. I did some reading lay night about DGIV and it said the disease can linger in the tank and to wait before adding fish of thy same species. Do you have any idea how long i should wait. I was thinking of adding a Bolivian or GBR, or possibly and apisto for a new center piece.

On 7/23/2021 at 6:27 AM, RyanU said:

Then you. No he was my only one. I did some reading lay night about DGIV and it said the disease can linger in the tank and to wait before adding fish of thy same species. Do you have any idea how long i should wait. I was thinking of adding a Bolivian or GBR, or possibly and apisto for a new center piece.

I would simply avoid dwarf gouramis and other anabantoids for the near/forseeable future. Honeys and anything other than Trichogaster Lalia are not as susceptible, according to my research, but I don't know how long you should wait before trying to add them to the tank. Rams and apistos should be okay. I'm so sorry about your gourami, it's why I'm afraid to try the trichogaster lalia after seeing so many sad stories. 😞

• Like 1

You could run a UV steriliser to reduce the viral load in your tank for a couple of weeks before add new fish from what I have read dwarf gourami honey gourami's and  rare case  three spot gourami's and betta can get the virus I would follow @laritheloud advice and not add any gourami's or anabantoids 

Edited by Colu