Doug_E

I have one CPD with a white bump on its side. It acts normally and feeds and swims just fine. I noticed it yesterday but thought it was just the light and a full belly. 

i have a 5 or 10 gallon I can quarantine and treat with Maracyran. Or should I monitor it? It may just be a wound from another male…maybe?

tank is a 40b with 12 CPDs, 8 white clouds and some amano shrimp. Nothing aggressive. 

water is:

0 nitrites

0 amonia

40 nitrates (water change pending)

68-70F (unheated)

pH 8.2

hardness 12+

5AE18BCF-9285-48A7-9FB2-C024E16B8032.jpeg

I would qt and monitor. If shes injured she will enjoy the rest time without the males bothering her. CPD are rough with one another if she is injured they could cause more harm. If it then appears to worsen or become more recognizable illness medicate. 

It could have been  a  bacterial infection or a tumor I would keep a close eye on your other fish if any start showing symptoms then I would treat with kanaplex

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 2:48 PM, Colu said:

It could have been  a fish bacterial infection or a tumor I would keep a close eye on your other fish if any start showing symptoms then I would treat with kanaplex

The others all seem fine. It has been about a week since I noticed this one and quarantined.