I got a bunch of fish from someone who had a 29g with a boatload of fish in it...  This one I don't know what it is, and the lady told me it was a "black sail cat fish"... But google returns nothing to help...  The floating spots they just ate, and this thing is eating like mad.

image.png.7778cd1882bec02ef22dfef9d9615a9f.png

image.png.d3f3377270eaf88294548a10647b4df1.png

image.png.902b203c677380eaf75d29b7a92cd0fb.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 6/16/2021 at 7:29 PM, Daniel said:

I believe it is a Synodontis eupterus. Our own @H.K.Luterman has a beautiful one called Pooka.

Definitely looks like it from profile, but it is like solid black.  Its really cool though.. most of these fish will get rehomed, but I kinda want to keep this one lol.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 7:41 PM, H.K.Luterman said:

Yup thats a Featherfin Catfish, my favorite fish! I definitely think you should keep it, but I'm biased. 🙂 

Here's Pooka:

PXL_20210506_155842774.jpg.597824cb70cc2f514dbc384ec462b59e.jpg

I saw a pic of this guy, but the spots on yours threw me off, but it sure looks like this guy.  I need to check on it, but wonder if he'd do ok with oscars and silver dollars (I have a 210g with 4 oscars, 4 silver dollars and 2 common plecos).  Tons of great places to hide, explore/etc.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 6/16/2021 at 4:45 PM, TheCzarista said:

Don't you have a brand new Betta seeking your attention? 😉

Nope!  Pietro is set up!   I do have some brand new gouramis and tetras seeking attention though.    Just waiting for their home to cycle.  Only a couple more days. 😛 

The featherfin would go to my parents 55gallon. 🙂

On 6/16/2021 at 6:47 PM, aquachris said:

I saw a pic of this guy, but the spots on yours threw me off, but it sure looks like this guy.  I need to check on it, but wonder if he'd do ok with oscars and silver dollars (I have a 210g with 4 oscars, 4 silver dollars and 2 common plecos).  Tons of great places to hide, explore/etc.

They're often kept with big cichlids, and can hold their own just fine. With such a big tank I'm sure it'd have no problem finding it's own spot. They like caves and driftwood. 

• Like 2

On 6/16/2021 at 8:07 PM, H.K.Luterman said:

They're often kept with big cichlids, and can hold their own just fine. With such a big tank I'm sure it'd have no problem finding it's own spot. They like caves and driftwood. 

Awesome. I need more drift wood but it has plenty of caves and hides and areas to explore. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got to get an updated picture of this guy.  He is starting to really show his spots.. I take it as a sign of happiness.  When I first got him, he was pure black.  I really love this guy, he's so cool... Probably because I've never seen one like it before lol.  I'll try to get some pics, he doesn't hold still well LOL.  It really loves the 210g with the other big fish... Very fun watching it check out all the different places.  So glad I decided to keep it!

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 2:53 PM, aquachris said:

I got to get an updated picture of this guy.  He is starting to really show his spots.. I take it as a sign of happiness.  When I first got him, he was pure black.  I really love this guy, he's so cool... Probably because I've never seen one like it before lol.  I'll try to get some pics, he doesn't hold still well LOL.  It really loves the 210g with the other big fish... Very fun watching it check out all the different places.  So glad I decided to keep it!

I'd love to see a pic!