I got a fluval Flex 15 as a early birthday gift

Leo2o915

Was thinking of making it a apistogramma tank or pea puffer tank ? What y’all think or what else would look good that can possible breed or just for looks ? Thanks in advance for ur opinions I love getting people’s opinions:). 

PS got these three plants for it 🙂

97D294D7-62C0-4528-A63D-B6330BC23071.png

First off....Happy Birthday! 

That tank would be perfect for either species you mentioned. If you're wanting to do some breeding, then go for an Apisto species, and you can have some small tetras or rasboras something swimming in the mid and upper levels of the tank. Good luck and be sure to show off whatever you decide to do.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Andy's Fish Den said:

First off....Happy Birthday! 

That tank would be perfect for either species you mentioned. If you're wanting to do some breeding, then go for an Apisto species, and you can have some small tetras or rasboras something swimming in the mid and upper levels of the tank. Good luck and be sure to show off whatever you decide to do.

Thank you now the hard part what apistos to choose from 

1 hour ago, Lynze said:

Happy Birthday! 🥳

A Fluval Flex 15 would make a very nice Apisto tank. There's so many to choose from. Would love to see pics once it's up and running and stocked. 

Thank you what kind you think would look best in that tank ? Want to add the stratum substrate to help lower ph a little mine at sound 7.6 would they still breed at that ? 

I only have experience with Cacatuoides and Macmasteri, I keep both in harder water and higher pH without issues and the Cacatouides are showing spawning behaviors.  I think it will probably depend on the type you decide to keep.  Unfortunately my experience with Apistos stops there so I cant advise what would do best for you, but I'd love to see what you end up getting. 🙂

1 hour ago, Lynze said:

I only have experience with Cacatuoides and Macmasteri, I keep both in harder water and higher pH without issues and the Cacatouides are showing spawning behaviors.  I think it will probably depend on the type you decide to keep.  Unfortunately my experience with Apistos stops there so I cant advise what would do best for you, but I'd love to see what you end up getting. 🙂

From those two which one you like better ? 

• 3 years later...

Setting up a Fluval Flex 15 sounds like a blast. Apistogrammas or pea puffers are both cool choices. Breeding apistos could be a rewarding project, and pea puffers have tons of personality. It's all about what tickles your fancy and what you enjoy watching in your tank. And hey, those plants you got are a great start for a lush aquatic paradise. Speaking of gifts, I feel you! Finding the perfect one can be a challenge. Recently, my buddy's getting hitched, and I'm thinking of getting him something swanky like wedding tuxedos from Gentleman's Guru. They've got some classy options. What do you think?

Edited by KaylynnWall