Siamese Flying Fox and Bristlenose Pleco Behavior

NathanR32

Looking for some advice on Siamese flying fox and bristlenose pleco behaviours.

My new SFF seems to gently "nibble" the pleco, it all appears quite friendly for now and no aggression has been shown.

Both are quite young animals.

Im not sure if hes sizing him up for a possible snack at a later date (highly unlikely) or being friendly due to lack of other tank mates (theres only those 2 plus a few cherry shrimp in the tank at the moment while I decide what to stock it with long term, and the tank establishes)

He could also be nibbling the possible aufwuchs on the plecos body, I'm not sure what the go is.

Any help appreciated thanks.

20210601_200318.jpg

20210601_200317.jpg

20210601_191909.jpg

• Like 1

I believe that right now he is just looking for food on the pleco's body. Some of my juvenile guppy/endlers do this around an otocinclus. Both animals do not present a threat for each other.

But one thing I have noticed is that both these animals get more aggressive as they grow older, and almost exclusively during feeding. Even though this is just my experience (from what I've heard, not many other people have this situation), it is something to keep in mind.

I hope this helps, and good luck! Nice tank by the way.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CorydorasEthan said:

I believe that right now he is just looking for food on the pleco's body. Some of my juvenile guppy/endlers do this around an otocinclus. Both animals do not present a threat for each other.

But one thing I have noticed is that both these animals get more aggressive as they grow older, and almost exclusively during feeding. Even though this is just my experience (from what I've heard, not many other people have this situation), it is something to keep in mind.

I hope this helps, and good luck! Nice tank by the way.

Thanks for the advice, and the compliment 🍻

(I believe that right now he is just looking for food on the pleco's body) 

I had a feeling this was the case and it wasnt anything more sinister lol.

• Like 1