Getting tank started

Zeb

Need to get started with fish suggestions. Want Community tank. Lots of fish.    Was a koi tank. But wanted live plants.   So got a start on those   Now looking for fish.   Not wanting to run heater. So about 70*   And wanting a few show piece fish.   Ordered snails, neon tetra, long fin zebras, bushy noses plecos , albino Cory’s, Amano shrimp.   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thk you.  It’s a 220 gallon tank. E2C8518A-53FD-495C-A108-9056ED339ACA.jpeg.3071174d1b3b10f3c9ae5816fa3fc827.jpeg

Edited by Zeb

What size is your tank?

70 degrees seems to be a bit too cool for neon tetras and the plecos, not sure about the corys or danios.

I would reccemend to get a heater if you intend to keep those fish. A nice budget freindly heater would be the "Tetra Pre-set heaters" There like $15-30 CAD at your local walmart. If you decide to run with a heater I would suggest the fish like a Betta, Apistogramma, Platys, Mollys. 

If you still want to keep the aquarium without a heater I would suggest either Rosy Barbs, or Whitecloud Minnows.

Of course all the fish I've suggested will depend on your tank size.

Edited by James Black

Welcome to the forum nice tank neon  like between 75 and 78 and bristlenose like a temp between 74 and 80 70 on the cold side I don't think they will do well at that temperature 

Edited by Colu

I’ve had plecos before. Not bristle nose. But they did fine.   And neons on the internet says 68-82 on temp.    Thks for you input.   I’m trying to ask about other fish to put in the tank.  Not about what I already have in it.   Thks 

• 2 weeks later...

@Zeb i keep endlers and white clouds in separate unheated indoor tanks - not nearly as large as yours.  Neither school very much, although white clouds hang together a bit.  My endlers breed much faster than the white clouds, but the clouds don't seem to breed for me nearly as easy as "they" say they should.  I have my first 5 cherry barbs, I think 4 male & 1 female, and I am finding them to be quite boring compared to my other fish, but I keep them in a heated tank.  I think what you are hoping to see in terms of fish behavior will help you decide what to get.  Good luck!