Do I keep quarantining?

jkt001

I bought 10 cardinal tetras and brought them home to quarantine. 5 died within the first 48 hours. The other 5 have been quarantined for 2 weeks now. They have shown no signs of illness. I am using salt in this quarantine. Should I quarantine them longer or are they probably going to be fine for main tank? Thanks everyone!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jkt001 said:

I bought 10 cardinal tetras and brought them home to quarantine. 5 died within the first 48 hours. The other 5 have been quarantined for 2 weeks now. They have shown no signs of illness. I am using salt in this quarantine. Should I quarantine them longer or are they probably going to be fine for main tank? Thanks everyone!

Personally, I'd remove a few gallons of water from the QT, dump it out, and then drain as many gallons from the display tank and put that into the QT. I'd want to get the tetras acclimating to the main tank. I'd also try to match temperature carefully. I'd do this for a few days until I'm reasonably sure that the fish will not have an adverse affect to dropping out of saline water  suddenly.