Added Paracleanse and Fish are Floating!

FriendlyLoach

Hey everyone,

I added paraplense and one of my honey gouramis started swimming erratically and as if he had no control over how he moved, he was also gasping. I added him to a tank without paracleanse, but the other fish are still in there. I have two other honey gourami and one is also showing slight sings of the samething but I did not want to take him out if not necessary.  All of the other neon tetras, and hillstream loaches are ok. What should I do? Should I take out the other honey gourami that is sort of swimming like he is negatively buoyant. Why is the meds doing this???

If you can remove the ones with odd behavior, I’d do that.  If you can’t, then do a water change.  Give them a few days to relax then try the meds again.  Before adding the meds, do a water check just to be sure it’s not a parameter problem.  If you get the same reaction from the same fish you might need to look for a different med.  I’d think that just like people fish can have bad reactions to medicines that for most others works just fine.

Edited by Emika_B
Bad spelling
  • Thanks 1