Breeder box for aquarium

RyanU

I have two of the Fluvals and just ordered a third. They're a handy gadget. I've got an Aqua Huna fish order coming (6 albino cory cats, 6 panda cory cats, and 10 cherry shrimp.) I'm expecting them to be smaller than I'm comfortable with putting into the tanks they're going to eventually be in, so they're all going into the breeder boxes so I can observe them more closely and get some size on them before I add them to the bigger tanks. Each type of fish will be going into a separate tank so I needed one more breeder box. The two larger breeder boxes will hold the Cory cats and the smaller one, now covered in algae, will hold the shrimp, who will enjoy the algae. It'll give me a chance to observe the new fish/shrimp up close to see if they have any issues. Once they're in the tank fish tend to disappear from sight for a bit. (I have one oto that I see once every three months or so.) Little fish in big tanks with lots of plants tend to be hard to keep track of. Little fish in a breeder box attached to the big tanks, not so hard to keep track of. I can feed them intensively in the breeder boxes with no competition and get some size on them and spoil them a bit before they get added to the chaos that is my bigger fish tanks. 

Hello, the breeder box aquarium co-op sells is from Ziss. You can find it here

I am currently using it for recently born sterbai corydoras. The bottom and sides have  fine steel mesh that allow for water flow. It is very fine so whatever eggs you have should not fall through it. It also allows you to add an airstone to push water through the breeder box as well. It is also durable so it should be ready for when the fry happen to come. 

So my snail clutch hatched or started hatching some time last night. I took the clutch off the tank and swished it in a Tupperware container. I poked holes in the lid and placed some crushed up flake food in the container and have it floating in the tank. Will this work until my breeder box comes. Or should I set up my small 5 gallon and move them to it. 

51 minutes ago, RyanU said:

So my snail clutch hatched or started hatching some time last night. I took the clutch off the tank and swished it in a Tupperware container. I poked holes in the lid and placed some crushed up flake food in the container and have it floating in the tank. Will this work until my breeder box comes. Or should I set up my small 5 gallon and move them to it. 

You'll want to swish some fresh tank water into the Tupperware container a time or two a day, but it'll work fine in the short-term.