Hello!

After several years of being out of the aquarium hobby, I decided to "slowly" get back into it and purchased a 10 gallon tank last month... and already also now have 7-ish gallon with a betta AND picked up a 40 gallon breeder tank for which I currently planning the aquascape 😅 As I'm sure it has been for lots of folks, the last year has been extremely challenging mentally and emotionally, and getting back into the aquarium hobby has been much-needed therapy.

I no longer have a Facebook account, so feel like I am missing out on a lot of fish groups and the local clubs.  I am very excited and grateful to be here in this online community, and look forward to meeting fellow fish nerds! 🥰 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, noctiluca1101 said:

As I'm sure it has been for lots of folks, the last year has been extremely challenging mentally and emotionally, and getting back into the aquarium hobby has been much-needed therapy.

For. Real. I've actually had about 5-6 extremely challenging years, and got back into aquariums a few months ago in an effort to save my sanity. It's a great help.

Welcome to the forum! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thanks so much, everyone! 🥰

@KBOzzie59 I have not missed it at all either, and assumed my anxiety level would be reduced but am a little surprised by how MUCH my anxiety was reduced. 

@Arcite I will hopefully have updated pictures, soon. My tanks are a little bit of a mess right now but I hope to be doing some major "housekeeping" this weekend 😊

@CalmedByFish I really feel you on that one. ❤️

Picture of 10 gallon tank before rearranging the plants (i'm sure you can tell which decorations the kids picked out):

PXL_20210408_155743911.jpg.a97655567ceb722caa4365addfafdc97.jpg

Impulse Betta purchase/rescue from local box store:

PXL_20210425_132607588.jpg.e1893dee7b1c4df1df1ca393668dce1e.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CalmedByFish said:

@noctiluca1101Your betta's color is amazing! Is it actually bright pink, or does it just look that way in the picture? 

@CalmedByFish Thank you, he is actually pink 😁 although after a few weeks he's starting to get a slight hint of blue along the edges of his tail and fins, so I'm very excited to watch his colors evolve as he grows.