Ich, velvet or something else

HisMineandOurs

I was wondering, what is the white stuff and how to treat it. I have 2, 55 gallon tanks with this problem on several of the neons at different stages. They are both maturely planted tanks, one two years old and the other about 6 months. They get consistent water changes to run at (On AC Test strips),NO3-10,NO2-0, GH-250,KH-40/80,PH-6.8, CHLORINE-0, they run at approximately 80 degrees. The 2 year tank has, one platinum angel, 2 Siamese algae eaters, 1 golden Chinese algea eater, 3 tiger Barbs, 2 green Barbs, 2 clown loach and a variety of snails. The 6 months has, 35 neon Tetras, 2 Angel fish, a Twig Catfish, 10 Kuli Loaches, 8 seg(sp?) Cory and a variety of snails.  All that to ask should I catch out the fish with visible illness or medicate both complete tanks? I have a 10 gallon quarantine tank but all the fish would seem to be to crowded. Sorry my explanation is so long. Thanks for any help.

I agree that it looks bacterial. If you are not wanting to treat them all with maracyn, you could try taking out the neons and putting  them in a quarantine tank and do a salt treatment. I cant guarantee this will work and it is most likely that both tanks are entirely infected. However, if you want a last ditch, less expensive treatment, salt is the way to go. Just make sure you don't put salt in a planted tank! Here is a link to a blogpost AC did on how to use salt to treat fish. Hope your fish get better soon!

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/blogs/aquarium/aquarium-salt-for-sick-fish#:~:text=Add 1 tablespoon (Tbsp) of,%2C it's not very strong).