Stocking unheated 29

Nate s

Might do a 29 unheated 
tank would be in the basement, in winter the water gets down to about 60 in summer it’s more like 68-70 (I age water in buckets which is why I know temps). 
I was thinking maybe some cory cats and red cherry shrimp. Suggestions on cories that would be fine 4-5 months being at 60? 
would there be a smaller schooling fish that would be upper level of aquarium without eating all the shrimp? Something like White Cloud Mountain minnows? 

I agree with @lefty o. Corydoras species like C. paleatus, C. trilineatus, and C. panda would be great for the tank during the summer, though I don't know how they would do during the winter. Other options for schooling fish would be danios, rosy barbs, and rosy reds, though they all might pose some danger to the young shrimp.

@Nate s I think white cloud mountain minnows with peppered corydoras (paleatus) and red cherry shrimp would do great and look great. Just provide lots of plants and cover like rock piles for the shrimp if you want more of their babies to survive. 

I keep red cherry shrimp, blue dream shrimp, neon tetras, sterbai corydoras and platies in unheated aquariums with no tops. In the winter they get to about 66 degrees during the day, not sure how cold they get at night but they do not have any problems. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I also maybe forgot to mention I do have a 100w heater I can put in there in winter to keep it mid 60s if needed. I just didn’t know if there was a Cory that could go all the way down to 60 for a few months that would not make me even have to mess with Checking temps. 

also might keep it upstairs if the mrs will let me. We usually keep heat at 66-67 in winter and ac at 75-76 in summer. Keep telling her I can build a nice stand for the living room and have a planted jungle to look at with shrimps and fish