NO MORE DECHLOR: Tap Water Filter Shopping List & Easy Assembly

Bill Smith

1 hour ago, Ryan S. said:

Can someone explain how you hook these up to power?  Seems like none come with a plug in.  How is it best to connect them?  These seem to clearly be out of my league currently.  

There are some at the link I provided above that are wired for your wall and ready to go.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am working towards setting up something similar for a couple of my tanks and didn't think of using those connectors for refridgeration lines, I was looking at the irrigation barb things and felt like they were a little chintzy... did you find the fittings finicky at all (you mention needing lots of teflon tape). I hope they aren't super expensive here in Canada to source.  

3 minutes ago, JRed said:

I am working towards setting up something similar for a couple of my tanks and didn't think of using those connectors for refridgeration lines, I was looking at the irrigation barb things and felt like they were a little chintzy... did you find the fittings finicky at all (you mention needing lots of teflon tape). I hope they aren't super expensive here in Canada to source.  

If you're referring to the fittings that go on the canisters, yes, they've worked quite well for me so far.

• 2 years later...