Fry Safety

Kinesthesia

I had a pair of Endlers and some cherry shrimp in a 20 gallon.  I decided to move everything into two 5 gallons, one for shrimp and one for fish.  Upon moving, I realized I have a few tiny fry that are now in a temporary container.

Are the fry safer with their parents or safer in a tank with only cherry shrimp?

Thanks.

Edited by Kinesthesia

1 minute ago, Kinesthesia said:

I had a pair of guppies and some cherry shrimp in a 20 gallon.  I decided to move everything into two 5 gallons, one for shrimp and one for fish.  Upon moving, I realized I have a few tiny fry that are now in a temporary container.

Are the fry safer with their parents or safer in a tank with only cherry shrimp?

Thanks.

The fry will definitely be safer with the shrimp, although if you have plenty of plant cover in the tank with the parents they would be pretty safe (though not quite as safe) as well.

yup, I'll say they're pretty safe either way if the parents are well-fed and there's plenty of plant cover, but the shrimp tank's safer (as long as you remember to feed them).

Welcome to the world of endlers! If you have a male and a female, there'll be plenty more where that came from.

40 minutes ago, Kinesthesia said:

I had a pair of Endlers and some cherry shrimp in a 20 gallon.  I decided to move everything into two 5 gallons, one for shrimp and one for fish.  Upon moving, I realized I have a few tiny fry that are now in a temporary container.

Thanks.

Oh sorry I didn't see that it said endlers and not guppies. In my experience, endlers do not even go after their fry, so the fry would be safe in either tank. This explains how they grow their numbers so quickly.