Unruly Anubias

I have an anubias that seems to come uprooted by the smallest things. Just today I moved some driftwood and it floated up without even being touched. It is not in a pot. Is there any way to keep this from happening? I am setting up the tank to hold corydoras and am certain they will constantly dig the anubias up constantly if I can't change this.

I use airline suction cups, cut a small bit of airline, put it in the line holder of the suction cup and tie the Anubias with a bit of thread- this works best if you're putting your Anubias against a back wall of an aquarium or behind decorations- and it's easy to move or take them out if needed. I personally didn't want to attach mine to wood so that was my alternative. I never see my suction cups and it's easy for me to rearrange if needed without thinking about how to place a piece of wood. 

Resized_20210409_154950.jpg

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
Typos are lame
  • Like 1

If attaching to a decoration i use fishing line until the roots take hold (which for anubias takes a while), then i cut the fishing line and remove it. For substrate, i would suggest plant weights. The sell them pretty cheap on ACO. Place a plant weight on a stem above the rhizome, and carefully bury the roots with your substrate making sure not to bury the rhizome. Again once the roots take hold you can carefully remove the plant weight.  

Gel variety superglue and  small piece of driftwood, or lava rock and your escapee Anubias will be be as stationary as you desire while giving you the option to move it around with the wood, or rock if you so choose. However don't use too much superglue as it turns white in the water.

Hope this helps.