I’m new. Running two aquariums 10 gal with sponge filter and 37 gal with sponge filter. Also have hanging filters that came with units running. Using a small air pump to run both sponge filters but not adequate for both. Also want to add another air run unit That won’t work right now. Would Aqua Air 100 work?

thanks

Mary

Probably, I don't know what an Aqua Air is. But, I run 3 medium and 2 small sponge filters on a Tetra Whisper 100. You'll need a valve at each filter and on the other thing to get each working as it should. I'd probably get the CoOp USB Nano pumps if I were doing it again, not much more money and the one on my BBS hatchery is very nearly silent.

• Like 1

Ken 

Thanks so much for the info. I am actually looking at Aqua top air pump ap100 on the coop website. Would like to run sponge filters and the other device off of one air pump if possible. Wasn’t sure if I could do this with the nano pump but verifying how silent it is is a plus.

Again thanks for the quick response.

I have a HydroFarm Active Aqua air pump on my fifty gallon tank that I would have recommended without question up to a few months ago. It's quiet, powerful, and seems relatively bulletproof. I liked it so much I bought a second one to use on my twenty high and thirty gallon tanks. Pump number two is very, very loud however. (I've completely disassembled it trying to find the source of the noise, but no luck.) It's now been demoted to a spare air pump should the need arise at some point. Both pumps appear identical inside and out, but one is whisper quiet and the other is far from quiet, for no apparent reason.  And trust me, I've really looked for the source of the noise. nothing is loose, nothing rubs, everything appears identical from one pump to the other, but one's nearly silent and one deafens you. Both move a lot of air however, so there's that.

The AP100 will run two sponge filters without an issue. I have one running two large COOP sponge filters in 100gallon Rubbermaid stock tank. Depending on the air requirements of your 3rd device, I suspect the AP100 will run all three of your devices without issue. The AP100 (depending on head pressure) will produce 3l/min * 2. If you put valves on each of the lines, you can control the air going to each of your devices, and the AP100 should provide enough air for your requirements.IMG_2499.jpeg.07a04e0eb4b959be0f3ce0420f719dc5.jpeg

Ignore the tank capacity information, but the l/minute and the PSI should be spot on.

Edited by DShelton
added attachment