New Pond Setup

AquaAaron

So I setup my first pond here in the UK, around 500L and have built the wooden surround today, and pleased with the outcome! 

water temps here are around 8°C at the moment but likely to drop over the next week as we're due another cold snap here in the lake district UK.

Would you say it is okay to feed goldfish weatgerm at this temperature or dont bother feeding yet? if so what temperature would you say the water should be to start feeding weatgerm.

I'm adding shubunkin and comet goldfish as I've seeded the filters 

thanks!

aaron 

20210404_143654.jpg

20210404_143337.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GardenStateGoldfish said:

I would wait to feed until after the cold snap, since 8c is already near the bottom range of when to feed and they should be fine without until after the cold snap unless they are really small and young. I assume we are talking single tails also. I would not feed goldfish much under 8c.

cheers for the advice bud, yeah they are young shubunkin/comets 

1 hour ago, Anita said:

I know nothing about goldfish, so I am afraid I cannot offer any personal experience. I found one resource that recommends wheat germ as a winter-season feed for goldfish, but it didn't provide any specific temperatures.

At any rate, you have a splendid looking outdoor setup! I especially like the wood surround hiding the ugly, black plastic tub. 😎🐟

I'll do some more research, and thankyou I built the.wood surround today as it was literally just a tub, so a bit of an eyesore without the wood

• Like 1

That looks great! I’d hold off on the wheatgerm for a while. I feel like 50f is a good temp. This spring I put in a little 300w aquarium heater set to 60f. It’s nice to see them get active a little earlier. 

here’s my little pond

203AC10B-C340-4813-917C-F7C720124383.jpeg

• Like 1