Cory acts like spine broken, swimming impeded.

Kauaidoug

My tanks 1 month old, this green common Cory was one of the first fish I got and he has another green Cory and then I have 3 of the jeweled variety.  All in my 20 gallon community. The water checks out the same as has over last few days.   Yesterday morning I saw him in a hidden away place in the tank and he looked all twisted?, definetly not right. I watched for a while then got him out. He tried to swim away but he just went in circles and really couldn't swim so I put him in a bucket outside thinking he would be dead but he was still alive this morning. I picked him up and held the little but his body just flopped. Anyone familiar with this?  I put him in a guppy pond I have outside, I hope he doesn't have a disease? I should have put in my little holding tank but didn't think of that, I truly thought he would be dead.   All the other fish seem fine.

11 minutes ago, Kauaidoug said:

My tanks 1 month old, this green common Cory was one of the first fish I got and he has another green Cory and then I have 3 of the jeweled variety.  All in my 20 gallon community. The water checks out the same as has over last few days.   Yesterday morning I saw him in a hidden away place in the tank and he looked all twisted?, definetly not right. I watched for a while then got him out. He tried to swim away but he just went in circles and really couldn't swim so I put him in a bucket outside thinking he would be dead but he was still alive this morning. I picked him up and held the little but his body just flopped. Anyone familiar with this?  I put him in a guppy pond I have outside, I hope he doesn't have a disease? I should have put in my little holding tank but didn't think of that, I truly thought he would be dead.   All the other fish seem fine.

Could be TB. Just Google fish TB and see if that's what you are seeing.

I looked up fish TB and it seems it could be anything but I did wash my hands diligently!  HAd not heard of this and seems a bit scary so we will see.  My Cory didn't really fit into any of the many varied symptoms other than spinal and not able to swim properly.  I will watch the other fish closer for sure.  Thank you.