Water Changes in a Bristlenose and Shrimp tank?

Yanni

Hi everybody! I have a 20 gallon tank and had some bristlenose plecos in it. I was wondering how much water I should change if I had shrimp. I have heard that shrimp like small water changes but these bristlenose plecos are poop machines! Does anyone have experience with this combo? How much water should I change and how often should I change water? I want to try to breed both of them and keep both species happy. Thank you

What are the water parameters?  What kind of shrimp? 

Ammonia: 0 Nitrite: 0 Nitrate: 30, I am thinking about getting bloody marys or blue dreams. I have java fern, amazon sword, and some moss as plants. Right now, I do 50% percent water changes weekly and this is just the bristlenose plecos. So is it ok to continue doing 50% water changes or should I do something different?

How many bristlenose do you have in there. I change about 5 gallons out of my 30 gallon every week or so as needed. I have about 2 dozen visible shrimp, 3 bristles, 3 mystery snails, and a small colony of endlers. Never had a problem. If the bristles don’t clean up left over food enough I recommend mystery snails they do good work of cleaning up bits.