Cory help

starsman20

So I am looking closely at my other 7 corys in this tank. 4 of them are fat. But I have also found 3 of what I think are eggs and they are pretty active this morning. I wonder if the one that died was female with eggs and that's related somehow. I did not do an autopsy.

I personally have just not had a lot of luck with Corydoras, which is unfortunate as I like the genus a lot and would like to keep them more successfully as well as breed them. I have had unexplained occasional deaths as well. I read somewhere that they are more sensitive to nitrates than other fish, does anyone know anything about this or can confirm/refute this?

7 minutes ago, ererer said:

I personally have just not had a lot of luck with Corydoras, which is unfortunate as I like the genus a lot and would like to keep them more successfully as well as breed them. I have had unexplained occasional deaths as well. I read somewhere that they are more sensitive to nitrates than other fish, does anyone know anything about this or can confirm/refute this?

Where are you getting them from? I've found them to be really hardy overall and the biggest issue seems to be that people simply don't feed them enough. They will eat a lot more than you expect, and sometimes adding more food after dark really does help them. What kind of floor space and plants do you have in your tanks?