Cory help

starsman20

Just now, starsman20 said:

Was fine this morning. Found him like this. Almost belly up. Ammonnia not measurable by eye (yellow) Nitrite 0. Nitrate 10 to 20. Oranhe but no red. It looked like they were trying to breed this morning. Now I find this. Qt tank is ready

Any pictures?

Just now, CorydorasEthan
Just now, starsman20 said:

Was fine this morning. Found him like this. Almost belly up. Ammonnia not measurable by eye (yellow) Nitrite 0. Nitrate 10 to 20. Oranhe but no red. It looked like they were trying to breed this morning. Now I find this. Qt tank is ready

Any pictures?

Yeah forgot. Moved to qt.

6 minutes ago, starsman20 said:

Its has passed. First I notice to death just a few hours. I cannot see anything wrong with it other than being maybe just a bit fat. Not knowing is the worst.

Sorry to hear this. It may have just been something beyond your control. 

2 minutes ago, starsman20 said:

Ive noticed there is just a bit of cloudiness to the tank water. All params are good so I don't think it's a bacteria bloom. Doesn't show up on photos.

It may just be some sort of substance coming from the body after it died. Is this in the main tank or the quarantine tank?

I'm sorry for your loss.  I've lost fish very suddenly like this too, including corydoras.  From what I've read in those situations desperately trying to find a solution or answer, a bacterial infection is something that can cause such a quick decline.  You may want to preemptively treat the main tank with maracyn in case any other fish are affected and if you have access to it (this was advice given to me, others may have a different take esp w/antibiotics).  I'm new to corydoras care but I've read that they do not tolerate salt as well as other fish.  

• Thanks 1