REPASHY question...never used it; have questions!

FishObsessed

Been a minute since I was on here, hello! 

I'm considering switching to this food for my fantail goldfish. I don't extremely love the idea of making their food. I don't even like storing frozen fish food in the freezer lol. So......how safe is it to make and store REPASHY in the kitchen? Do you use separate utensils and dishes just for it, or is it okay to use your regular kitchen stuff and then just wash it? Just wondering what everyone does when they make it!

Also does anyone feed this exclusively to their fish?

I heat my water in a microwave safe measuring cup and stir the water into a microwave safe glass bowl containing the repashy. I use a dedicated bowl for repashy, I cover the bowl and store it in the fridge or sometimes cut the cooled repashy into cubes and put them in a zip lock bag and then into the fridge. 

• Like 1

I had soilent green repashy for my otos and never got the water/powder/heat ratio down so it made a huge mess, and the powder is very fine and some inevitable gets on the counter while preparing. It has a very strong smell - just mentioning all this since you said you don't even like keeping fish food in your freezer.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maggie said:

I had soilent green repashy for my otos and never got the water/powder/heat ratio down so it made a huge mess, and the powder is very fine and some inevitable gets on the counter while preparing. It has a very strong smell - just mentioning all this since you said you don't even like keeping fish food in your freezer.

My Ottos won't touch it or anything else, only cucumber and algae.