B055429

29gal planted with mollies platies and harlequins

ph 8.0

0 ammonia

0 nitrite

20ppm nitrates

7 dkh

17 dgh

So we had ich in my sons 29. Treated with ich x until there were no signs on the fish and for two additional days after there were no signs. Fish look great and are much more active not looking stressed at all.

Then we did 25% water change and did Corys “marinate method” with one more dose of ich x, 1 dose of maracyn and 1 dose of para-cleanse just so we’re doing all we can to prevent diseases etc. We dosed while refilling and immediately the sponge filters bubbles became super fine, like fizz from a soda. Two days later still the same and there are bubbles that roll around behind the filter and hover below water for about 5-8 second before rising. Was definitely not happening prior to maracyn and paracleanse. Anyone else notice this?

FC4CAD23-3032-4A74-ABC5-8F36E6CE8118.jpeg

8 hours ago, B055429 said:

29gal planted with mollies platies and harlequins

ph 8.0

0 ammonia

0 nitrite

20ppm nitrates

7 dkh

17 dgh

So we had ich in my sons 29. Treated with ich x until there were no signs on the fish and for two additional days after there were no signs. Fish look great and are much more active not looking stressed at all.

Then we did 25% water change and did Corys “marinate method” with one more dose of ich x, 1 dose of maracyn and 1 dose of para-cleanse just so we’re doing all we can to prevent diseases etc. We dosed while refilling and immediately the sponge filters bubbles became super fine, like fizz from a soda. Two days later still the same and there are bubbles that roll around behind the filter and hover below water for about 5-8 second before rising. Was definitely not happening prior to maracyn and paracleanse. Anyone else notice this?

FC4CAD23-3032-4A74-ABC5-8F36E6CE8118.jpeg

I used MARACYN on my 29g for the first time yesterday & the exact sand thing happened! Lots of fine bubbles- like a froth on the top of the tank. I have mine on a gang valve, so I can increase or decrease air pressure, I had to turn them way down. Must just be part of the medications.