pH balancing act help?

Gestaltgal

I'm having some problems with super high pH. My tap water initially reads at a pH of 7.2 with a KH of 19 (woah, right?). It's well water that goes through 2 house filters and a softener. 

After 24-48 hours, the pH reads and stabilizes at pH 8.3, which I think is WAY too high for fish and/or plants. Even when I mix in some parts reverse osmosis water (pH 7, KH 2), the tank water still gets up to pH 8.3. I have 5 small Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus and one small Anubias Golden.

Is this pH too high if I plan to be putting in guppies (I think so)?

Is this pH going to hurt my Neocaridina shrimp (blue velvets)?

I'll take any guidance I can get!

Edited by Gestaltgal

You could keep lake Tanganyika cichlid in pH of 8.3 rather than fighting your pH get fish that suit your local water conditions it is possible something else is effecting your pH have you put any rock in to your tank  that could be altering your ph

Edited by Colu

I'm using RO. With well water, we have RO at the kitchen tap for drinking water. The co2 injection during the day with it off at night seems to be doing the trick, and I'm taking the pH 3x daily to get a feel for the fluctuations. As long as the pH doesn't fluctuate hugely, I'm hoping we found the trick.