Worms on my glass

Ramie

I see today worms..tiny ones...they dont appear to have that head shape planaria does...slithering across the glass on my tank. Seemingly only the front pane. Maybe they like sunlight There was also some white growth on my hornwort that i have removed one already and it came back in the same spot and i removed it again..i thought maybe it was some fungus or algae. It sort of grows in a ring. But made its related to the worms. Anyone have any ideas. I have 2 different types of anubias, hornwort, and elodea. I have recently noticed baby snails. One betta. Feed dry foods. I may need to replace some of my filter media...could they have come from old slimy media? Help me.

I tossed it..it eventually detached from the hornwort. But if it comes back again ill show you. Im thinking these are rhabdocoela worms? They glide...many different sizes..but cant see any triangular shaped head even on the ones that are 2 or 3 mm long....but there are quite a few of them..they seem to hang out together..most of them moved to a side panel of glass. i tried to photograph the worms but my camera is the worst camera i have ever had on a phone. Will not focus. Ill try not to panic if they are harmless..but what do i do if they get out of control?

Yup, they're just some sort of flatworm, completely harmless. I don't think there's any need to be concerned about them, and I've never heard of them going too nuts in a tank. If they seem like they're populating too much for your liking, you can just cut back on the amount of food you feed to prevent uneaten bits sitting around. 

24 minutes ago, Bruce said:

@Ramie Whenever I get detritus worms(what I believe you have) to a noticeable level, I do a slightly larger water change maybe an extra 10%. I also gravel vac more thoroughly.

These are definitely not detritus worms. They glide along the glass...they dont wiggle in the water or substrate as i have a bare bottom tank. Definitely seems more like flatworms..unless detritus worms can also appear as flat looking worms gliding along the glass and not wiggling?

On 2/23/2021 at 11:25 AM, H.K.Luterman said:

Slow moving worms sliding around your glass are completely normal, they help eat leftover food in your tank and are part of the ecosystem. Your betta will probably snack on them.

Can you take a photo of the growth on your hornwort? 

I posted in the plant section about stuff happening in my tank...a different growth on my hornwort and some other things if you feel like checking it out...maybe give me some advice if you have some.

• Like 1