Anyone have experience with African Dwarf Frogs and high PH?

SWilson

I realize I'm posting a lot of questions lately! This one is for my partner, who I've gotten into aquariums and wanted me to post this to the forum for any advice.  We just got some African Dwarf Frogs, and the pH in the tank is 8 (our tap water pH is around 7.6, and the substrate is a buffering substrate, so it's boosting the pH higher).  We read somewhere online that 8 is a bit too high for the dwarf frogs and could leave them susceptible to disease.  Anyone have experience keeping them and have advice on how sensitive they are to high pH?  I suspect we will be doing a lot of water changes anyway so that may help keep the pH down a little bit.    

Thanks in advance!

I've had African Dwarf frogs for about 4 or 5 years in a pH that ranges on average 7.4ish-8 depending on the time of year, and have never had any issues with them being sensitive, quite the opposite really, they're pretty tough little critters. The problem I hear with ADFs most of the time is bloat and I think it's usually from overfeeding. 

• Thanks 1