Question about Nitrates

Connor Elliott

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Coronal Mass Ejection Carl said:

Anybody can do that. It doesn't make you an authority on the subject. Have you kept track of the lifespans of the fish you sold? Do they live longer than breeders who change water less frequently?

Really? Which fish? Scientific evidence required.

I have provided scientific evidence. All you have is an opinion.

You still haven't answered my previous points:

A lot of those studies are for establishing discharge limits in natural waters. Not to mention there are a few on fathead minnows, guppies, and gamefish.

Age in fish isn't just related to years but growth rate and size. A fish that's grown rapidly to market size is chronologically young but biologically older as it's at the point where feed conversion ratio drops and it's no longer economical to keep growing them. Anything that doesn't manifest in those eight months probably isn't ever going to manifest.

Growing fish fast and big shortens their chronological lifespans so I don't know if this is really a good measure of success. What fish farms and hobbyists do isn't any different.

This will be your one and only warning. Being combative on a subject is not tolerated here.  I am closing this thread as it does not address the original question, and devolved into a debate that has gotten out of hand.