Help Identify Snail?

MarkM

I recently purchased some plants and instead of the normal alum dip I decided to throw them in QT.  After a couple weeks in QT I found some baby snails (as I understand happens), but I not very familiar with snails.  Any idea what kind of snail this is?  My main concern is if the 3 I've found are going to rapidly become many many more...

babysnail2.jpg

babysnail1.jpg

Yep. Looks like a bladder snail to me. They multiply really fast. Most people dont like them for that reason. I love em, they are one of the best algae eaters in my opinion. But to each their own. Remove them quickly if you dont want them in your tank, because they taught rabbits how its done when it comes to breeding. 

• Like 1

Yup, bladder/pond snail. I've always thought the juveniles look rather pretty, with that black and gold patterning. But yes, they can reproduce asexually and will do so with all haste. So, remove it if you hate the idea of snails. Otherwise enjoy your free cleanup crew!

• Like 1

I was on the fence about keeping them, but without something to keep them in check I fear they'll be more trouble than I am looking for.  

Thanks for the help and information.  I'll remove them post haste. 

Edited by mpm42
grammar