Trio medication question

CCK

I started the Trio medication for my tank on Thursday night. 
Yesterday the water was still clear. Today it is cloudy. 
Is the medicine causing this or do I have some type of bloom happening? I took out the filter cartridge that had the carbon in it before I put the medicine in. I have other filter media in there that I didn’t take out. 

I originally had a 10 gallon that I got from someone else that was overstocked and fish weren’t schooled. I then bought this 20 gallon long and cycled it with media from the 10 gallon. It was completely cycled right around Christmas. 

I now have 11 embers, 5 neons, 1 honey gourami, 3 ghost shrimp, 3 amanos and 3 mystery snails. 

I have the API master test kit and everything has been showing still cycled. I decided to treat the whole tank as one of my neons hasn’t been looking healthy and because I had fish from the original tank plus buying from 2 other locations to get where we are today. The aquarium coop blog recommended doing the whole tank to make sure everyone is healthy and good. Then if I were to buy fish down the line to treat them separately before adding them to the main tank. 

The snails were already having issues prior to treating. They have been way more lethargic and floating around the tank the last month. I honestly don’t know how old they are though as they came from the 10 gallon I took over from another family. 

The tank doesn’t smell any different. 

EC8D18A0-F9A3-4057-9A1E-37C9623C92A4.jpeg

Edited by CCK

I'll repeat what I wrote here: 

I think this is fairly common.  Anytime you are using antibiotics, you run the risk of upsetting the balance of your beneficial bacteria.  This cloudy water is likely just a small bacterial bloom and should clear up in a few days.

I recently had the same exact thing happen. Waited it out and cleared up wonderfully after the water change at the end of the cycle. (I would definitely not water change before the maracyn cycle timeframe is up though.)

• Like 2