Stocking ideas

Chiclid addict

If your splitting the 29gallon in half, means that it is allowing 15 gallons of space per fish. 

How big is your cichlid, just wondering because if its too big it could eat the fish I would reccemend.

Here are some aggressvive fish for just 15 gallons

-Dwarf Gourami

-German Blue Rams

-Apistogramma

-Kribensis

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James Black said:

If your splitting the 29gallon in half, means that it is allowing 15 gallons of space per fish. 

How big is your cichlid, just wondering because if its too big it could eat the fish I would reccemend.

-Dwarf Gourami

-German Blue Rams

-Apistogramma

-Kribensis

2 hours ago, James Black said:

-Dwarf Gourami

-German Blue Rams

-Apistogramma

-Kribensis

It’s a convict chiclid he’s about 2-3 inches long he will have his own side since he’s killed many fish way bigger than him the only reason I care about them being aggressive is in case they slip through the barrier while I’m gone I don’t really know that much about the fish you mentioned could they all go together or would they need a bigger space to get all of them thank you!

I had this exact situation before but in a 20 gallon long. Convict on one side, jewel cichlid on the other. The fish were in that arrangement because of aggression issues with their mates. It got to the point where the half of the tank for each fish just looked too small for them. I got a 29 gallon to add some water volume but in the end decided not to divide it and just house one cichlid alone. The convict has grown and lived happily in that ever since. 

My advice would be grow up a big gorgeous convict cichlid in a mansion of a 29gallon. 

If intent on splitting it, get another convict of opposite sex, that way if they get past the divider they might be too interested in other things than fighting each other. Otherwise whatever happens to get through that barrier is going to hammer on each other and you may end up with just one fish anyway. 

Edited by MAC