White stuff on something in tank

Good morning, I woke up and turned on my new planted tanks lights, and noticed a white substance all over this piece of freeze dried shrimp I dropped in there to help with cycling. It is on none of my plants, just this piece of food. Anyone know what it is or it is harmful? Thank you! (My tank is 7 days old) 

9E887A89-8A34-47A8-91F6-B599B668DE35.jpeg

It appears to be fungus, or some sort of bio-film. You'll see that eventually when a fish dies and doesn't get discovered in time. If you've added flake food, you'd see it forming on that. While it is normal, it is important to consider: is there sufficient flow in your tank? Also, it appears you're using Eco Complete for your substrate. Is that correct? If so, I think that comes with bio loaded in already. Are you running a sponge filter? That will collect bio, and really help to move along your cycle. Good luck!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James Black said:

Its just your food rotting. if there is no amonia or nitrites in the tank its fine. You may want to remove it before adding fish.

I have been testing my water and yesterday was the first day nitrites western detected. I think I will just remove it 

4 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

It appears to be fungus, or some sort of bio-film. You'll see that eventually when a fish dies and doesn't get discovered in time. If you've added flake food, you'd see it forming on that. While it is normal, it is important to consider: is there sufficient flow in your tank? Also, it appears you're using Eco Complete for your substrate. Is that correct? If so, I think that comes with bio loaded in already. Are you running a sponge filter? That will collect bio, and really help to move along your cycle. Good luck!

Ah I see I see.  I am running a aqueon quiet flow 30 I do believe I had a good amount of flow in the tank. I am using eco complete! I took out the filter media it came with and stuffed it with sponge and filter floss - should I removed the shrimp?