Too low pH

Vivo

How can I get a stable pH of 6.8 to 7? My tapwater is 6.0 in my tank is reading 6.2.  I have a 33 gallon hex with 7 neons, 9 harlequin rasboras, 2 Kuhli loaches and added A female beta three days ago. My pH has been running 6.6.

On 8/16/2020 at 2:59 PM, Vivo said:

Would crushed coral be too sharp for my kuhli loaches? 10% water changes once a week is what I do. Since my tapwater is so acidic should I do more or less?

You can always put another substrate on top of the coral, if that makes it better/safer for your loaches. 

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your other question about water changes. 

On 8/16/2020 at 11:59 AM, Vivo said:

Would crushed coral be too sharp for my kuhli loaches? 10% water changes once a week is what I do. Since my tapwater is so acidic should I do more or less?

if you have a hangon back filter, you can also put the crushed coral in a filter media bag and place it in the filter. Since your tap water is more acidic than your tank water, the more water you change the more acidic it will be, but 10% water change a week shouldn't alter your PH level in a significant way, if you can get away with that then i think that's fine. 

Edited by Spitzzard
  • Like 1