Ethical buying, Bamboo Shrimp

Hafton

New to the hobby. Would like to eventually have a few more Bamboo Shrimp. Anybody know of any reputable sellers? Want to ensure that the shrimp comes from a legal/ethical collector or a breeder (I know they are notoriously difficult to breed). 

@Hafton that is a trickier question than you might think. Because there is a forum guideline against either praising or trashing other aquarium related companies, and additionally there is a second guideline against linking to other aquarium related competitors (with the exception of Amazon.com, Ebay.com, Aquabid.com, and Aquahuna.com which are approved), you have to exercise some common sense and discretion in order not to violate the guidelines.

So the general advice is to try Aquabid, Ebay or Aquahuna.

33 minutes ago, James Black said:

I would say that the lfs would be the best option. You don't need to worry about shipping and your supporting a small buisness (well, assuming your lfs isn't some big franchise)

That would definitely be best. I wish there was a nice lfs close to me. I only got a petco around me and fish keeping must be very unpopular in my area, because their aquarium department is horrendous. I don't shop there often, but 90% of the time I've gone in there, there is no employee working in that section.

Dollar per gallon sales are a joke there too, because they barely keep any tanks. The only good thing I see is that they don't sell bettas. Most likely, because no one is buying.

So mainly my shopping is done online, and I find it difficult to find good sellers of most things.

Sorry I went off on a bit of a rant. Lol.

8 minutes ago, OceanTruth said:

That would definitely be best. I wish there was a nice lfs close to me. I only got a petco around me and fish keeping must be very unpopular in my area, because their aquarium department is horrendous. I don't shop there often, but 90% of the time I've gone in there, there is no employee working in that section.

Dollar per gallon sales are a joke there too, because they barely keep any tanks. The only good thing I see is that they don't sell bettas. Most likely, because no one is buying.

So mainly my shopping is done online, and I find it difficult to find good sellers of most things.

Sorry I went off on a bit of a rant. Lol.

I beleive aqua huna sells them, you can check there.

Perhaps it could be asked, 'how can I identify an ethical collector/breeder?'  Depending on where you live, you might not be able to have living creatures shipped to you without going through quarantine or a department of agriculture.  So your only source is local.  What questions should one ask, or if you can go to their facility, what should one look for?