Hi there, everyone. I'm Kasy in Memphis. We started our indoor tanks to keep our 2 (outdoor) plecos alive over the winter but ended up with 2 tanks so bought a few fish to populate the 2nd tank. So - 2 plecos in one and a couple mollies, and 2 platties in the other. Surprisingly, the mollies have already expanded their family by 2. I came here to learn about cleaning for the tanks, mostly, but there's all kinds of fun stuff to learn. I'm looking forward checking out what everyone else has.  

IMG_3049.jpeg

IMG_3050.jpeg

Thanks, H.K. So where do I find out the best food options for the fish tank (not the plecos)? I've just run out of the flake food that came with the set up. I've been crunching up the outdoor pond fish pellets for them. Is that terrible? Anyway, tell me what to get!

I use Fluval Bug Bite flakes, Xtreme Nano pellets and Repashy Soilent Green for my live bearers. The Bug Bites you can find at Petco, typically, and they also usually sell Hikari foods, which have a nano pellet. Petco also carries Sera foods, which have a few good types of flakes. 

I get my Xtreme pellets and Repashy on the Co-op site. If you don't mind waiting a few days for shipping, they carry pretty much everything. https://www.aquariumcoop.com/collections/fish-food

• Thanks 1

I am a huge fan of

-The New Life Spectrum Pellets

-Hikari Foods

-Xtreme Flakes

-Fluval Bug Bites

You can find the hikari, xtreme, fluval bug bites on the aquarium coop website (hk luterman has sent you a link to that). They dont sell new life spectrum pellets but amazon does carry them.

• Thanks 1