South american puffer eating habits

JeremyWoods

I can't speak on Pea Puffers, I've never kept them, but I haven't had this issue with my South American Puffer. He leaves them alone unless he's hungry. If it was up to him, he would be given krill and blood worms every day and wouldn't have to eat them at all. 

My dad has kept them for years. They don't ever hunt the snails. He has to actually crush them and dump them in the tank for them to eat them. 

They are amazing fish, they know his face, and everytime he pulls out a plate, they know to go to the spot where he feeds.🤣

Do either of you keep them in a community tank or a tank to themselves? I have always thought they were cute and interesting. I have a 65 gallon with 5 guppies, 10 tetra, 12 endlers and a clean up crew(it looks empty even with all of the fish out lol). I have drift wood and plenty of plants for hiding. Also a bunch of "pest" I was thinking about adding a pair my LFS had had for a while but didn't want to if they would be unhappy or they would bother the other fish to much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.