Crystal red bee shrimp temperature check.

Bucio

I want to go and buy crystal red shrimp. I bought ghost shrimp as a tester to make sure they would be fine in my tank. And they have been perfectly fine. But just as a precaution i wanted the community's opinion. Since at my LFS they are 12$ each. My tank is kept at 82-84 degrees. Can they handle that heat? 

My tank goes heater-less and runs between 68 - 72 depending on the season. 82 degrees sounds very high for them. I’d expect them to fall apart fast at that temp, but others may have had success with that and can offer alternative advice  

$12 each seems pricey. I usually list mine for $4 each locally when I’m trying to thin out my herd, which is comparable to prices I see with online breeders for a similar grade shrimp. 

17 hours ago, Andy's Fish Den said:

All m y shrimp tanks, both neo and caridina are kept at room temp which is roughly 70-72. I'm not sure what would happen kept at the higher temps, shorter life span, less babies, or what.

Higher temps generally shorten the life cycle in my experience. During the summer I've witnessed a lot more babies coming out of mine. I also had a (relatively) high number of deaths though that's more of an indication of some of my original colony members reaching a ripe old age and not necessarily because of the increased temp. My tank doesn't have a heater and the shrimp haven't given any big indication of stress and breed readily regardless.