Guppy Identification

kaCampbell

Yeah, I mean, If you have done something like ordered 2 strains and want help telling which is which someone might be able to help you.

I have mutts for a big box store. They could be anything, and offspring are all kinds of colors, despite the parents being fairly consistent in coloring. In any case I think the SPECIES is Poecilia reticulata, but even then it is possible to have them cross with Poecilia wingei (Endlers) and you may not be able to tell...

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Brandy said:

Yeah, I mean, If you have done something like ordered 2 strains and want help telling which is which someone might be able to help you.

I have mutts for a big box store. They could be anything, and offspring are all kinds of colors, despite the parents being fairly consistent in coloring. In any case I think the SPECIES is Poecilia reticulata, but even then it is possible to have them cross with Poecilia wingei (Endlers) and you may not be able to tell...

Thank you very much for this information. I was beginning to realize this but was in denial since I've been driving myself mad trying to identify these two. 🤦‍♀️😂