Markp2483

I have a bristlenose pleco and lately he’s become crazy hungry.  Normally I would feed him a whole Persian cucumber once or twice a week. Offset with an algae wafer and some sinking pellets. He is in a heavily planted tank. Now he comes to the front of the tank twice a day and begs for food. (Morning and evening). He’ll crush a cucumber at night and then want a few algae wafers, flake food, blood worms, brine shrimp or whatever I feed the rest of the community fish. This happens everyday. Is he ok, could he have parasites. He no longer hides during day ( day walker?) and in the presence of food he bullies all the other fish.  Crushing a whole cucumber every day is having a negative effect on my water quality (lots of poop). Is this ok, should I limit food, should I treat for parasites? He seems very healthy but O so hungry. 

• Like 1

I have given my rabbit snails (2 adults, 3+ babies) and otocinclus (3 adults) a whole baby carrot on a fork. My tank ate the whole thing in 4 days and it wasn't getting funky or anything so I just left it in until it was gone. The carrot shouldn't decay as fast in the water so it might be a nice bit of variety for him?