Bought a pregnant guppy, help!

withoutkeys

Hey all! 

I got some Guppies to add to my tanks, and one of the females I bought seems very obviously pregnant. She’s been growing over a few days, and now is HUGE! I’m stuck in the hospital, so I have people caring for everyone. I ordered a breeding tank to be here within 3 days, but like… what else do I do? What else do i need? Anything you can tell me, let me KNOW! Haha thank you! Pic of her for tax

IMG_1330.jpeg

On 10/8/2024 at 10:13 PM, withoutkeys said:

Hey all! 

I got some Guppies to add to my tanks, and one of the females I bought seems very obviously pregnant. She’s been growing over a few days, and now is HUGE! I’m stuck in the hospital, so I have people caring for everyone. I ordered a breeding tank to be here within 3 days, but like… what else do I do? What else do i need? Anything you can tell me, let me KNOW! Haha thank you! Pic of her for tax

IMG_1330.jpeg

Welcome to the forum  @withoutkeys

It’s always nice starting a guppy breeding project. I personally prefer endler’s live bearers, but guppies can get to have some pretty cool colors. Selectively breeding guppies is even more fun, just separating the worse looking ones of the batch into a separate tank. Before my 30 gallon crashed about 3 years ago, I took all the good guppies and made a nice $200 profit. I had tons in there.

Edited by Justnotrook