Crazy plant growth.

Bought 3 vals about 6 ago.  Have about 20 now.  The Amazon swords are totally overrun.  The java ferns are hanging in there. substrate is black diamond blasting sand and a little biosoil.   I need to clear a few out and move them.  Sponge filter and minimal ferts.  Hard to explain. LED lights for 8 hrs/day    Ironically, i have another tank with electric blue acaras and Congo tetras where the plants are barely hanging on. Go figure

IMG_0051.jpeg

Guppy grass is going crazy,too.  Remove handfuls every 2 weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 9/23/2024 at 9:39 PM, SoDaksam said:

This hobby can be a head scratcher.  One tank great.  Another struggles.  Hard to figure out the details that make a difference.  I’ve taken calculus before.  It shouldn’t be that hard.  

I know.  So frustrating. My theory is there’s just so many variables, including ones that aren’t usually mentioned. I’m having mixed results with the animal life in my tank. I almost want to make a post and ask for ideas, but I do all the obvious stuff correctly so I don’t know what people might suggest other than things I’ve been reading for years now. And sure I can test my water parameters. But maybe the thing that’s wrong with the water falls outside the scope of the API master kit. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2024 at 2:50 PM, SoDaksam said:

Wish I could get those 2 handfuls.  Cant find guppy grass anywhere near me.  Your tank looks awesome!

• Like 1

On 9/23/2024 at 2:50 PM, SoDaksam said:

Bought 3 vals about 6 ago.  Have about 20 now.  The Amazon swords are totally overrun.  The java ferns are hanging in there. substrate is black diamond blasting sand and a little biosoil.   I need to clear a few out and move them.  Sponge filter and minimal ferts.  Hard to explain. LED lights for 8 hrs/day    Ironically, i have another tank with electric blue acaras and Congo tetras where the plants are barely hanging on. Go figure

IMG_0051.jpeg

I wish I had your problem